Who is Kilroy and where is he hiding at the WWII memorial? What was it like to live on George Washington’s estate at Mt. Vernon? How was President Lincoln’s assassin caught? How big is the Hope Diamond and is it really cursed? Why was there such controversy about the Vietnam Veterans Memorial when it was built? Where can you stand at the Lincoln Memorial and see the eternal flame of JFK’s burial site at Arlington at night? Discover the answer to all of these questions and more by joining us on our next family group tour in Washington DC!
Think Washington DC is only for grownups who are interested in politics? Think again! When you are on our kid-friendly, the family-oriented tour you will:
● Test your spy skills at the International Spy Museum.
● Feel the breeze as we take a boat ride down the Potomac to experience the history and tranquility of George Washington’s Mt. Vernon estate.
● Assist in investigating the assassination of President Lincoln at Ford’s Theater.
● Smell the orchids at the National Botanical Garden.
● Race your family members to see who can sort mail the fastest at the Postal Museum.
● Honor those who died for our country at Arlington Cemetery and the Vietnam, Korean, and WWII War Veterans' memorials.
● Touch a moon rock at the National Air and Space Museum.
● Have an opportunity to sample Senate Bean Soup at the Capitol, a daily tradition served since the early 20th century.
● And last but definitely not least, parents' night out while we keep the kids entertained!